Chūka Ichiban! (中華一番!; lit. "The best in Chinese (food)!") is a manga. The second part of the manga was serialized as Shin Chūka Ichiban! (真・中華一番!; "True ver. - The best in Chinese (food)!"). It has a total of 17 volumes.
Chūka Ichiban! has a sequel named Chūka Ichiban! Kiwami. The series possess two anime adaptations: a 1997 anime named after the first part of the series and a 2019 anime named after the second part of the series.
Chūka Ichiban! is set in 19th Century China during the Qing Dynasty during the fictional "The Era of the Cooking Wars" where chefs were the most significant figures.
- Liu Mao Xing: The main protagonist, from Szechuan.
- Mei Li: The main heroine.
- Shiro: Mao's "self-proclaimed" disciple
- Xi Er: The "Steel Staff" Dim Star Master
- Li Wen: The "Seven Star Knives" Utensil
- Lan Fei Hong
- Underground Cooking Society
- Tang San Jie
- Shui Lei
- Lee Hong Yue
- Shan An
- Meika: Mei Li's deceased mother.