Chūka Ichiban! (中華一番!; lit. "The best in Chinese (food)!") is a manga. The second part of the manga was serialized as Shin Chūka Ichiban! (真・中華一番!; "True ver. - The best in Chinese (food)!"). It has a total of 17 volumes.
Chūka Ichiban! has a sequel named Chūka Ichiban! Kiwami. The series possess two anime adaptations: a 1997 anime named after the first part of the series and a 2019 anime named after the second part of the series.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Chūka Ichiban! is set in 19th Century China during the Qing Dynasty during the fictional "The Era of the Cooking Wars" where chefs were the most significant figures.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Main[edit | edit source]
- Liu Mao Xing: The main protagonist, from Szechuan.
- Mei Li: The main heroine.
- Shiro: Mao's "self-proclaimed" disciple
- Xi Er: The "Steel Staff" Dim Star Master
- Li Wen: The "Seven Star Knives" Utensil
- Lan Fei Hong
- Underground Cooking Society
Minor[edit | edit source]
- Tang San Jie
- Shui Lei
- Lee Hong Yue
- Shan An
- Meika: Mei Li's deceased mother.